Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ALL Things!

Brothers & Sisters,

Welcome to 2011. Yep, just as per usual, I'm almost 2 weeks late, but welcome anyway! I've just been thinking & thanking lately! Thinking about how good God is & then thanking Him for it. A Bible text that I memorized awhile ago has surely come in handy lately! The older I get in the Lord it seems the more I see my need of Him, & there are times brothers & sisters that I just plain see myself as an abject failure in a lot of ways & places in my life. I don't say that to elicit sympathy or to be anything but honest. But then, the Lord in His matchless, infinite grace, as the hymn goes, reminds me of this particular text & my heart soars! OK, what is the text, you ask? Just get to the text! OK, here it is, Paul is speaking in Acts 13:38 & 39, & he says, "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses." I just want to replace that period at the end of verse 39 with 32,994 exclamation points!
There is that little potent phrase in the middle, ALL THINGS! We're justified, made right with God about all things in our lives! Not just some things with the rest for us to take care of, or most things, or everything BUT... No, it is ALL things! If you have trusted Christ as your own Sin-bearer too, but those failures & embarrassments that have been a part of your life come rushing back in, remember this wonderful little text. I can almost see you smiling now, just like I do whenever it comes to mind! May the Lord bless you all!

6 comments:

Bhedr said...

I am smiling!

David Wyatt said...

Me too bro. Brian! Part of the reason is also that you're my brother in Christ!

ExPreacherMan said...

Always great to remember (constantly) our salvation in Jesus Christ.

Thanks Bro. David.

In Jesus Christ eternally, Jack

David Wyatt said...

Amen bro. Jack. Though Paul said to forget those things that are behind & to reach forth to those things ahead, still salvation in a very real sense is always present & future, since Christ is in us & never leaves us. Thank you for your great reminder! You are a blessing to me bro. Jack.

ExPreacherMan said...

I was telling Shirley just yesterday about that the old adage, "Forgive and Forget."
Well sometime I have a problem forgiving -- but forgetting come easy at my age.
Except for God's Grace -- Never forget that!!!

David Wyatt said...

Amen!!